- Postural changes during pregnancy and the wall posture check method
- Exercises for Pregnancy Back Care
- Teaching pregnancy abdominal bracing during different stages of pregnancy
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises during pregnancy
- Identifying risk factors for the pelvic floor and how to modify exercises to protect the pelvic floor during pregnancy
- The effect of birth on the pelvic floor
- Measuring and recording of abdominal and pelvic floor muscle fitness changes during pregnancy
- Measuring and recording rectus abdominis diastasis changes during pregnancy
- Modifying exercises to protect the pelvic floor during pregnancy
- Screening, identifying risk factors and when to refer a client to a continence and women’s health physiotherapist.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 5 CECs* / REPs NZ – 5 CPDs (*valid until 31/08/2021)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 31/08/2021
|Investment||$109 members / $139 non-members|
|Delivery mode||Online with video clips
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Prerequisite/s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. duration||5 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access period||You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Who is Dianne Edmonds?
Dianne is a physiotherapist with over 20 years of experience with pregnancy, postnatal and pelvic floor education, treatment and fitness programs. Dianne was the lead physiotherapist and project officer for the Pelvic Floor First project campaign, run by the Continence Foundation of Australia and is a Pelvic Floor First Ambassador. Dianne is the Director and founder of The Pregnancy Centre, and completed her Elite Personal Training course in 2013 via Network.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.