Part 1 of a 2 part series, Positive Practice for the Pelvic Floor is targeted towards Fitness Professionals (encompassing Gym Instructors, Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers) who are interested in gaining an in-depth understanding of the importance of the pelvic floor muscles. The information covered in the course has been developed to provide you with information about pelvic floor fitness, so that you can incorporate this knowledge into your client’s (and your own) fitness program.
Part 1 of the course aims to:
- inform you of the role of the pelvic floor, including its function in exercise
- increase your awareness of the issues surrounding pelvic floor fitness
- outline which of your clients are at increased risk of pelvic floor problems
- outline signs and symptoms of pelvic floor problems, and
- outline where you can get further information or help.
Upon successful completion, course participants will:
- understand the importance of the pelvic floor
- be informed about the anatomy and function of the pelvic floor in both men and women
- comprehend the correct way to engage the pelvic floor muscles
- identify exercises that have the potential to place more stress on the pelvic floor
- be able to refer clients to suitable continence professionals as required.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 2 CECs* / REPs NZ – 2 CPDs (*valid until 30/07/2021)
You must be a registered fitness professional in order to attain Fitness Australia CECs
|Investment||$89 members / $119 non-members|
|Delivery Mode||Online with video clips
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Prerequisite/s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. Duration||2 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
This course has been developed by the Continence Foundation of Australia (CFA).
CFA is a not-for-profit organisation and the national peak body for incontinence awareness, management, education, information and advocacy. The Foundation is funded by the Australian Government under the National Continence Program and operates the free National Continence Helpline 1800 33 00 66. www.continence.org.au
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.