Part 2 of a 2 part series, Proactive Programming for the Pelvic Floor is targeted towards Fitness Professionals (encompassing Gym Instructors, Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers) who are interested in gaining an in-depth understanding of how to modify exercise for pelvic floor safety. The information covered in the course will help Fitness Professionals minimise the injury and maximise the performance of their clients, and should be completed once Positive Practice for the Pelvic Floor (Part 1 of the series) has been successfully completed.
In Proactive Programming for the Pelvic Floor, you’ll:
- Explore methods for including pelvic floor education in exercise sessions for functional training & overall conditioning
- Understand important lifestyle issues and their pelvic floor implications for overall conditioning
- Learn how to screen for pelvic floor muscle ‘flags’ as it relates to overall conditioning
- Understand the function and dysfunction of the pelvic floor for functional training and overall conditioning.
- Proactive Programming for the Pelvic Floor is delivered online using a detailed learner guide as well as video presentations and additional links/articles.
Upon successful completion, course participants will:
- Be able to include pelvic floor education in their exercise sessions through the use of the SEAR acronym
- Understand the role fitness professionals play in pelvic floor fitness
- Comprehend the impact that lifestyle issues have on pelvic floor fitness
- Identify clients with pelvic floor muscle ‘flags’ through the use of the Pelvic Floor Risk Surveys
- Be able to refer clients to suitable continence professionals as required.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 3 CECs* / REPs NZ – 3 CPDs (*valid until 30/07/2021)
You must be a registered fitness professional in order to attain Fitness Australia CECs
|Investment||$109 members / $139 non-members|
|Delivery Mode||Online with video clips
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Prerequisite/s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. Duration||3 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
This course has been developed by the Continence Foundation of Australia (CFA).
CFA is a not-for-profit organisation and the national peak body for incontinence awareness, management, education, information and advocacy. The Foundation is funded by the Australian Government under the National Continence Program and operates the free National Continence Helpline 1800 33 00 66. www.continence.org.au
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.