Discover how to assist clients to reach their fat reduction goals through nutrition
- The anatomy and physiology of fat and fat loss
- Measurement of body “fatness”
- Lifestyle and health implications of overweight and obesity
- The role of the fitness professional in helping clients achieve their goals through nutritional support and coaching
- Factors affecting metabolism
- Current nutritional guidelines for fat loss
- Current research and standpoints on nutrition for fat loss
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 1 CEC* / REPs NZ – 1 CPDs (*valid until 31/01/2020)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 31/01/2020
|Investment||$109 members / $149 non-members|
|Pre-requisite/s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. duration||1 hour|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Who is Dr Rebecca Reynolds?
Dr Rebecca Reynolds finished her PhD investigating the effect of the glycaemic index on hormones, appetite and acne vulgaris at Sydney University in 2009 with Professor Jennie Brand-Miller. She has since worked in community-based obesity prevention at The World Health Organisation’s Collaborating Centre on Obesity Prevention and in nutrition education for fitness professionals at The Australian Fitness Network and public health nutrition students at Deakin University.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.