The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise gives health and fitness professionals a framework to create successful corrective exercise programs. You will learn the types and elements of corrective exercise, how to select and adapt exercises to meet the needs of each client, and how to coach each technique effectively. With these techniques, you will help alleviate muscle and fascia restrictions, increase mobility and range of movement, build strength and promote pain-free movement within your clients.
What Will I Learn?
- Types of exercises that can be used to improve common musculoskeletal imbalances
- What self-myofascial release techniques are and when to use them
- How stretching exercises can be used to increase mobility and range of movement
- How to introduce strengthening exercises into corrective exercise programs to help clients move correctly and without discomfort
- Strategies for regressing and progressing exercises as appropriate to a person’s abilities
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
This course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise is Module 3 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about the types and uses of corrective exercises while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimise the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 1.7, NETA 13.0, ACSM 17.0, PTAG 18.0, CSEP 15.0, Fitness Australia 7.0, BOC 4.75, VA Board of PT 4.75; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- You have 12 months to complete the course from date of purchase
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and 12 months access to the course itself
- Paid course extensions are available if needed.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 7 CECs* / REPs NZ – 7 CPDs (*valid until 30/10/2021)|
|Investment||$189 members / $209 non-members|
|Delivery mode||This course is delivered online on an external website. You will receive an email within 2 business days of enrolment, with a link to access your course along with your unique enrolment key and instructions on how to access the course materials.|
|Approx. duration||7 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Course Creator – Justin Price
Justin Price is the creator of The BioMechanics Method®, a systematic process used to assess and correct the underlying causes of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. Thousands of health and fitness professionals in more than 60 countries have earned The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) credential–the highest-rated corrective exercise program in the industry.
Known as one of the top musculoskeletal assessment and corrective exercise experts in the world, Price was named the Personal Trainer of the Year by the IDEA Health & Fitness Association in 2006. He is a subject matter expert on corrective exercise for the American Council on Exercise, BOSU, TRX (Fitness Anywhere), Personal Training on the Net, and PTA Global.
In addition to his educational products for health and fitness professionals and academic textbook entitled The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise, Price has also authored books for the general public including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Functional Training Illustrated and The Amazing Tennis Ball Back Pain Cure. He has been an expert consultant for Arthritis Today, BBC, Chicago Tribune, Discovery Health, Fox News, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, MSNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Time, Wall Street Journal, WebMD, and Women’s Health & Fitness.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.