The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment provides health and fitness professionals with a step-by-step process for assessing clients for the twelve most common musculoskeletal imbalances that can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations. You will learn how to conduct and apply essential assessments with clients in real-life settings to help you understand how musculoskeletal imbalances can affect a person’s ability to perform exercises and activities of daily living successfully.
What Will I Learn?
- Simple, but effective techniques for assessing the musculoskeletal system (i.e. verbal, visual and hands-on)
- A complete step-by-step process for assessing the feet, ankles, knees, lumbo-pelvic hip girdle, thoracic spine, shoulder girdle, neck and head
- How musculoskeletal imbalances can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations
- Why musculoskeletal imbalances can affect the function of the entire body
- How to record the results of a client’s musculoskeletal assessment.
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
This course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment is Module 1 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about musculoskeletal imbalances and assessments while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimise the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 1.3, NETA 13.0, ACSM 13.0, PTAG 12.0, CSEP 15.0, Fitness Australia 8.0, BOC 5.5, VA Board of PT 5.5; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- You have 12 months to complete the course from date of purchase
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and 12 months access to the course itself
- Paid course extensions are available if needed.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 8 CECs* / REPs NZ – 8 CPDs (*valid until 30/10/2021)|
|Investment||$189 members / $209 non-members|
|Delivery mode||This course is delivered online on an external website. You will receive an email within 2 business days of enrolment, with a link to access your course along with your unique enrolment key and instructions on how to access the course materials.|
|Approx. duration||8 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Course Creator – Justin Price
Justin Price is the creator of The BioMechanics Method®, a systematic process used to assess and correct the underlying causes of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. Thousands of health and fitness professionals in more than 60 countries have earned The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) credential-the highest-rated corrective exercise program in the industry.
Known as one of the top musculoskeletal assessment and corrective exercise experts in the world, Price was named the Personal Trainer of the Year by the IDEA Health & Fitness Association in 2006. He is a subject matter expert on corrective exercise for the American Council on Exercise, BOSU, TRX (Fitness Anywhere), Personal Training on the Net, and PTA Global.
In addition to his educational products for health and fitness professionals and academic textbook entitled The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise, Price has also authored books for the general public including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Functional Training Illustrated and The Amazing Tennis Ball Back Pain Cure. He has been an expert consultant for Arthritis Today, BBC, Chicago Tribune, Discovery Health, Fox News, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, MSNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Time, Wall Street Journal, WebMD, and Women’s Health & Fitness.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.