This course explores the health and exercise of the ageing population, highlighting the importance of understanding the physiology of ageing and the anatomical and physical considerations when programming for older clients. With falls prevention being an important component of programming for older clients, this area also receives considerable focus.
- Develop your knowledge of conditions and injuries common in older adults
- Increase your understanding of the risks of a sedentary lifestyle
- Explore risk stratification and why it is important for older adults
- Learn the physical benefits of falls prevention programs
- Examine common barriers to exercise for older adults and what you can do to help your clients overcome them.
ABOUT THE COURSE CREATOR
Allan Williams has worked in the health and fitness industry for over 15 years, both in the UK and Australia. After running his own personal training business for a decade in the UK, he moved to Australia in 2011 and joined the Australian Institute of Fitness as a Coach. Combining his industry experience and interest in education, Allan is now inspiring a new generation of personal trainers and fitness professionals Australia-wide.
|Fitness Australia – 1 CECs* / REPs NZ – 1 CPDs (*valid until 03/11/2023)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 03/11/2023
|Investment||$39 members / $49 non-members|
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Approx. duration||1.5 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|