Movement for mental health is for fitness professionals who are interested in learning how to coach clients who live with depression/anxiety and have been prescribed exercise by a mental health professional to help them on their journey to recovery. The information covered in this course will help fitness professionals confidently coach and guide clients to use exercise as a tool to reduce symptoms, reconnect to self, get to the heart of goal setting and move to feel better.
Upon successful completion, participants will:
- Understand the signs, symptoms and different types of depression and anxiety.
- Learn how to interpret referrals from mental health professionals
- Understand how to create strong relationships with mental health professionals
- Understand the benefits of exercise for clients living with depression and anxiety, to help them in their journey to recovery
- Understand the scope of practice when working with clients living with mental illness
- Identify risks and when to refer a client
- Learn how to create meaningful connection and build rapport to best serve the client
- Learn how to put together a creative program that empowers the client based on initial consultation
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 3 CECs* / REPs NZ – 3 CPDs (*valid until 11/12/2022)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 11/12/2022
|Investment||$109 members / $139 non-members|
|Pre-requisites||Certificate III in Fitness|
|Approx. duration||3 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kylianne Farrell is a counsellor, fitness industry educator and presenter, personal trainer, founder of The Movement Room and the Move For Mental Health Initiative. Her mission is to integrate different therapy strategies over movement and nature based activities to create opportunities for powerful forces of growth to overcome physical, emotional and mental challenges. Empowering people to move and get outdoors more to boost mental well being.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.