Pilates for Hips and Shoulders is for personal trainers and group exercise instructors who want to learn more about Pilates exercises specifically targeting strength, mobility and or function of the hip and shoulder joints.
- In this course you will learn:
- Basic anatomy of the hip, shoulder and surrounding joints
- Basic biomechanics of the hip, shoulder and surrounding joints
- Pilates-based exercises, including regressions and progressions, that specifically focus on the hips or shoulders or a combination of both hips and shoulders
- Common pathologies of hips and shoulders and how to program accordingly
- The principles of Pilates breathing
By the end of this course you will:
- Be familiar with basic anatomy and biomechanics of the hip and shoulder joints
- Be familiar with 39 Pilates based exercises and variations (progressions and regressions) related to the hips and/or shoulders
- Be able to modify the exercises for various demographics and conditions.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 9 CECs* / REPs NZ – 9 CPDs (*valid until 29/09/2022)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 29/09/2022
|Investment||$349 members / $469 non-members|
|Pre-requisite/s||Personal Trainer &/or Group Exercise Instructor|
|Approx. duration||10 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Stephanie has been teaching Pilates since 2004 and established Armature (Brunswick, Victoria) in 2006. Armature combines Pilates with Strength training, across group and individual sessions.
A former Stott Pilates Instructor Trainer, Stephanie now lectures on Pilates and Clinical Pilates for Breathe Education. She is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC and Polestar Pilates. She regularly presents nationally at fitness and Pilates conferences, usually around her favourite topic – the fusion of Pilates and Strength training.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.