Pilates for Pregnancy is targeted at Personal Trainers and Group Exercise Instructors who want to learn how to incorporate pregnancy-related matwork exercises into their current training. This is the brand new, updated version of our previous Pilates for Fitness & Pregnancy course.
IMPORTANT: This course is NOT a qualification to become a Pilates instructor. The content is geared towards instructors and personal trainers who would like to add Pilates-based principles to their current training repertoire.
If you have any questions about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on + 61 2 8412 7400 prior to purchasing the course.
In this course you’ll:
- Explore the different stages of pregnancy
- Learn the physiological changes of pregnancy
- Understand benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Learn the conditions that preclude a pregnant woman from exercising
- Learn to modify exercises for different stages of pregnancy
- Understand how to program Pilates exercises for pregnant women in each trimester
- Learn specific exercise contraindications for each trimester
- Understand the principles of Pilates breathing
By the end of the course you will:
- Be familiar with 31 exercises and variations and, when appropriate, regressions, suitable for the average healthy pregnant woman
- Understand the physiological changes that pregnancy creates
- Be able to modify for various fitness levels and abilities within a pregnant population
- Be able to identify signs that suggest a pregnant woman should cease exercising.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 2 CECs* / REPs NZ – 2 CPDs (*valid until 29/09/2022)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 29/09/2022
|Investment||$260 members / $379 non-members|
|Delivery Mode||Combined online learning with video tuition (videos are streamed online via the Network member portal, so you will need to have a strong internet connection).|
|Prerequisite/s||You should hold at least a Certificate III or IV in Fitness or equivalent|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
About the author:
Stephanie has been teaching Pilates since 2004 and established Armature (Brunswick, Victoria) in 2006. Armature combines Pilates with strength training, across group and individual sessions. A former Stott Pilates Instructor Trainer, Stephanie now lectures on Pilates and Clinical Pilates for Breathe Education. She is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC and Polestar Pilates. She regularly presents nationally at fitness and Pilates conferences, usually around her favourite topic – the fusion of Pilates and strength training.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.