Pilates for Strength Training is for personal trainers and group exercise instructors who want to learn more about Pilates and Pilates-inspired exercises that will supplement and improve strength training.
- Pilates-based exercises, including regressions and progressions, that specially focus on mobility and ranges of movement required for strength training
- Theory and principles of the body lines related to both gymnastics and traditional Pilates
- What mobility is required for both basic weightlifting and gymnastics-based strength exercises
- Basic history of Joseph Pilates and his Contrology exercise system
- The 5 main shapes of Pilates
By the end of the course you will:
- Be familiar with 45 Pilates-based exercises and variations (regressions and progressions) related to improving mobility for strength training
- Be able to relate the exercises to programming for specific clients
- Be able to describe back and front body hollow lines
- Be familiar with Joseph Pilates and the Contrology system
A note about scope of practice:
Exercise professionals registered with Fitness Australia provide a variety of exercise services for a range or clientele across many varied settings. Competency to practice is represented through the registration category held and associated continuing education completed.
Fitness Australia (2019). Position statement: Scope of Practice for Registered Exercise Professional Retrieved <5 May 2020> from https://bp-fitnessaustralia-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/uploaded_file/file/392024/Scope_of_Practice_June_2019.pdf
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 2 CECs* / REPs NZ – 2 CPDs (*valid until 06/09/2022)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 06/09/2022
|Investment||$260 members / $379 non-members|
|Delivery Mode||Combined online learning with video tuition (videos are streamed online via the Network member portal, so you will need to have a strong internet connection).|
|Prerequisite/s||You should hold at least a Certificate III or IV in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx Duration||3 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
About the author:
Stephanie has been teaching Pilates since 2004 and established Armature (Brunswick, Victoria) in 2006. Armature combines Pilates with strength training, across group and individual sessions. A former Stott Pilates Instructor Trainer and Breathe Education Instructor Trainer,she is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC and Polestar Pilates. She regularly presents nationally at fitness and Pilates conferences, usually around her favourite topic – the fusion of Pilates and strength training.