Whether you’re completely new to fitness, or a seasoned participant wanting to take the first step towards becoming an instructor, this course contains the information you need. If you want big class numbers and a successful career in fitness, it helps to know who you are, what your strengths are, and how you can best serve those coming to you to change their lives.
In this three-part course you’ll:
- Discover more about your behavioural traits in order to play to your strengths and differentiate yourself as an instructor.
- Learn how to mange relationships and develop rapport with different personality types.
- Learn to create your own Values, Ethos & Mission Statement to share what you stand for and believe in.
- Explore your position as a group fitness instructor and expectations placed on you as a ‘role model’ to participants.
- Learn to define your movement personality and match it with the types of class that suit your individual style.
- Discover a range of group fitness classes including- Community Programs (Heartmoves™, Original Bootcamp™), Freestyle Group Fitness classes, such as: Step, Hi- lo, Interval style classes, Conditioning, Bootcamp and Cycle, Pre-Choreographed Group Fitness, such as Les Mills programs and Zumba, Mind/Body Group Fitness, such as yoga-based stretch sessions.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 1 CECs* / REPs NZ – 1 CPDs (*valid until 16/11/2021)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 16/11/2021
|Investment||$49 member / $59 non-member|
|Delivery mode||Online reading and video presentations
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Pre-requisite/s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. duration||1 hour|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Chapter 1: You
Every instructor brings something unique to the world of group fitness. This module is geared towards discovering a little more about who you are, what your main personality profile is, and how this profile interacts with the people you teach within group training. The better you know yourself as an instructor, the better you’ll be able to relate to the people you teach.
Chapter 2: Movement: The ‘what’
The ‘what’, really is the nuts and bolts of your group training instruction. ‘What’ you do and ‘what’ you say are the most important elements of group training instruction. While we layer other elements as you make your way through this course, it all comes back to the foundation laid in this module. So, what’s in store?
Chapter 3: Group Fitness Classes
This module provides a brief overview of the more common class types, to help you find your fit. This list is by no means exhaustive and new instructors are encouraged to visit conventions and further education to discover the latest programming ideas, and to become better informed.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.