Personal training female clients that have recently given birth is an incredibly rewarding experience, but it requires a unique set of considerations.
When it comes to screening, programming and training postnatal clients, it isn’t sufficient for them to simply complete standard pre-exercise questionnaires.
As a trainer, you need to unearth vital information in order to be able to adequately assess, and then effectively and safely program for, your postnatal client.
Upon completion of this short video-based course from exercise scientist, PT and mother of two, Brooke Turner, you will understand the specific questions that need to be asked, why they need to be asked and what it means for your programming.
The course includes:
- Defining what the postpartum period is
- Adequate screening and evaluation
- The questions that need to be asked to postnatal women
- Why these questions need to be asked
- Ongoing screening and assessment for postnatal clients
- How to adapt your screening process
- Example questionnaire
ABOUT THE COURSE CREATOR
Brooke Turner is an international health and fitness presenter, writer and educator with 11 years experience in the health and fitness industry. Brooke is the founder of Balance Fitness and Nutrition and professionally is a nutritionist, exercise scientist and personal trainer specialising in educating and empowering women and fitness professionals working with women throughout pregnancy and post partum. Personally Brooke is a mother of two, adventure enthusiast and healthy lifestyle lover.
Brooke’s programs include her:
- Exercise & Nutrition During Pregnancy eBook + Returning to Exercise & Nutrition for Postnatal Recovery; her happy, healthy pregnancy eBooks to empower and educate women to remain active and healthy during pregnancy and beyond
- Six Week STRIVE program; a complete guide for a healthy, active, balanced life
- 14 Day Fitness Challenge; the perfect program to gain momentum, motivation and create healthy habits.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 1 CECs* / REPs NZ – 2 CPDs (*valid until 06/09/2022)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 06/09/2022
|Investment||$79 member / $89 non-member|
|Delivery mode||Online video presentations
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Pre-requisite’s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. duration||2 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|