This section explores the art of cueing – both verbal and visual, as well as instructor skills such as class planning, mirror imaging, the types of classes on today’s timetables, and music.
In this three-part course you’ll:
- Learn The 10 Point checklist of effective Group fitness Instruction.
- Discover the Types Of Instruction – the ‘What’.
- Explore the Verbal & Non-Verbal Cueing instruction techniques.
- Learn The ABCs Of Cueing.
- Identify the Elements of Effective Cueing.
- Learn the techniques of Mirror Imaging.
- Learn all about your voice – Voice Projection, and looking after your voice.
- Discover the Core versus Advanced Cueing Skills in effective group fitness communication.
- Learn the 10 Point checklist to use before each class, to help set you up for success.
- Learn how to Create a Great First Impression when meeting someone for the first time.
- Explore the ways in which you can create Stage Presence in your classes.
- Reflect on meaningful delivery and expression by being aware of Mental Attitude, Appearance, Facial Expressions & Eye Contact, Body Language, Voice and Communication & Influence.
- Learn how to deal with participant issues such as conflict, injuries and room Management.
- Learn how to interpret music, using its moods and emotion to influence class instruction and energy.
- Learn to take action by Implementing and setting goals to Practice What You Do.
- Practice What You Say, Practice What You Play.
- Practice the use of Communication to Connection.
- Learn how to Evaluate & reflect on your Learning experiences
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 2 CECs* / REPs NZ – 2 CPDs (*valid until 13/11/2021)
In order to obtain Fitness Australia CECs, this course must be completed by 13/11/2021
|Investment||$69 member / $79 non-member|
|Delivery mode||Online reading and video presentations
PLEASE NOTE: video presentations are delivered online so a fast and reliable internet connection is required
|Pre-requisite’s||All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent|
|Approx. duration||2 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. A $50 extension fee will be required if you do not complete your course within the allocated time frame. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Chapter 1: Instruction
Giving instruction is more than just opening your mouth to speak: there are many ways to communicate and teach. The message you send out in class is incredibly powerful, both in what you say and what you do. This section explores the complexities of effectively getting your message across.
Chapter 2: Stagecraft
There is an art to the seamless mechanics of ‘putting on a show’. Just as every production has a process to its behind-the-scenes activities, so must your class. And just as a set designer does, you need to ‘set the scene’ in your training space before your participants arrive.
Chapter 3: Implementation
There can be no true learning without doing. Start practicing what you’re going to do and say, and rehearse in front of a mirror to fine-tune your performance.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.