Understanding Muscles and Movement explains in easy-to-understand terms how the whole body moves together as an integrated system of muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments, and fascia; information essential for understanding the causes of problematic and limiting musculoskeletal imbalances. You will also learn the unique approach of The BioMechanics Method in regard to understanding how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way the body moves – knowledge that is imperative for designing successful corrective exercise strategies.
What Will I Learn?
- In-depth anatomy information about muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments and fascia, including specific muscle origins, insertions and functions
- The difference between traditional and functional anatomy, and how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way a body moves
- The major muscle groups that will dictate the exercise strategies used to improve musculoskeletal health and alleviate associated dysfunction
- How to use anatomy and assessment findings to design and integrate corrective exercise programming into clients’ training programs
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
This course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Understanding Muscles and Movement is Module 2 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about the musculoskeletal system and how it can be negatively affected by imbalances while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method® Corrective Exercise course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimise the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 1.4, NETA 14.0, ACSM 14.0, PTAG 14.0, CSEP 15.0, Fitness Australia 7.0, BOC 6.5 VA Board of PT 6.5; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- You have 12 months to complete the course from date of purchase
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and 12 months access to the course itself
- Paid course extensions are available if needed.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 7 CECs* / REPs NZ – 7 CPDs (*valid until 30/10/2021)|
|Investment||$189 members / $209 non-members|
|Delivery mode||This course is delivered online on an external website. You will receive an email within 2 business days of enrolment, with a link to access your course along with your unique enrolment key and instructions on how to access the course materials.|
|Approx. duration||7 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Course Creator – Justin Price
Justin Price is the creator of The BioMechanics Method®, a systematic process used to assess and correct the underlying causes of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. Thousands of health and fitness professionals in more than 60 countries have earned The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) credential–the highest-rated corrective exercise program in the industry.
Known as one of the top musculoskeletal assessment and corrective exercise experts in the world, Price was named the Personal Trainer of the Year by the IDEA Health & Fitness Association in 2006. He is a subject matter expert on corrective exercise for the American Council on Exercise, BOSU, TRX (Fitness Anywhere), Personal Training on the Net, and PTA Global.
In addition to his educational products for health and fitness professionals and academic textbook entitled The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise, Price has also authored books for the general public including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Functional Training Illustrated and The Amazing Tennis Ball Back Pain Cure. He has been an expert consultant for Arthritis Today, BBC, Chicago Tribune, Discovery Health, Fox News, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, MSNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Time, Wall Street Journal, WebMD, and Women’s Health & Fitness.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.