The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course is the industry’s top-rated CES credential with specialists in over 60 countries. It consists of five distinct but interrelated educational modules that teach fitness professionals how to assess clients for musculoskeletal imbalances that can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations and explains how to use corrective exercise to remedy those problems simply and effectively. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive your CES credential and be recognised worldwide as a Corrective Exercise Specialist in The BioMechanics Method.
What Will I Learn?
- A step-by-step process for conducting musculoskeletal assessments that can be used with any client to identify underlying imbalances that may cause or contribute to muscle dysfunction and/or movement restrictions.
- The root cause of a client’s dysfunction by determining which muscles and soft tissue structures have been affected by musculoskeletal imbalances and movement limitations.
- How gravity and ground reaction forces affect muscle function.
- The differences between types of corrective exercises, and how and when to utilise, progress, and regress each exercise type when working with clients.
- How to select the most appropriate corrective exercises for clients from a library of over 200 exercises
- How to create corrective exercise programs that ensure maximum client participation and adherence by knowing what to do and not to do at each stage of the program design process to help clients reach their goals as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
To earn your Corrective Exercise Specialist credential, you will complete an online comprehensive course that consists of five educational components:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The course components contain online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Research shows that almost 90 percent of people who currently utilise the services of health, fitness and exercise professionals services report having temporary or chronic musculoskeletal issues that prevent them from performing even low-level physical activities without experiencing pain. Studies also show that one of the fastest growing segments of the population joining gyms is the over-55 demographic, yet only about 50 percent of fitness and exercise professionals report having the appropriate skills to serve people with muscle or joint pain and other physically limiting musculoskeletal conditions.
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Course helps fill this gap in care by educating exercise professionals in musculoskeletal assessment, functional anatomy, corrective exercise selection and program design to increase their knowledge in this area of competence and improve their performance in applying these skills when working with clients.
Benefits of Completing The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) Course
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course is the highest-rated corrective exercise specialist credential in the fitness industry with Specialists in more than 60 countries
- You will receive a certificate identifying your TBMM-CES designation
- Inclusion on The BioMechanics Method Online Specialist Referral Register
- Verification of your TBMM Specialist credential on IDEA Fitness Connect, Sparkpeople.com, Fitstudio, and Fitnessmagazine.com
- Automatically eligible for TBMM Advanced Corrective Exercise Specialist course (Ad-CES)
- Eligible to apply for the Corrective Exercise Specialist of the Year® Award.
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 8.0, NETA 80, ACSM 80, PTAG 80, CSEP 15.0 per module, Fitness Australia 37 total for all modules, BOC 32, VA Board of PT 32; NASM and others by petition)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- You have 12 months to complete the course from date of purchase
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and three years access to the course itself
- Paid course extensions are available if needed.
|Accreditation||Fitness Australia – 37 CECs / REPs NZ – 37 CPDs total for all TBMM-CES course modules (*valid until 30/10/2021)|
|Investment||$890 members / $985 non-members|
|Delivery mode||This course is delivered online on an external website. You will receive an email within 2 business days of enrolment, with a link to access your course along with your unique enrolment key and instructions on how to access the course materials.|
|Approx. duration||37 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||You have 12 months from date of purchase to complete this course. If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the CEC expiry date listed above.|
Course Creator – Justin Price
Justin Price is the creator of The BioMechanics Method®, a systematic process used to assess and correct the underlying causes of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. Thousands of health and fitness professionals in more than 60 countries have earned The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) credential–the highest-rated corrective exercise program in the industry.
Known as one of the top musculoskeletal assessment and corrective exercise experts in the world, Price was named the Personal Trainer of the Year by the IDEA Health & Fitness Association in 2006. He is a subject matter expert on corrective exercise for the American Council on Exercise, BOSU, TRX (Fitness Anywhere), Personal Training on the Net, and PTA Global.
In addition to his educational products for health and fitness professionals and academic textbook entitled The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise, Price has also authored books for the general public including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Functional Training Illustrated and The Amazing Tennis Ball Back Pain Cure. He has been an expert consultant for Arthritis Today, BBC, Chicago Tribune, Discovery Health, Fox News, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, MSNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Time, Wall Street Journal, WebMD, and Women’s Health & Fitness.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.