Insurance FOR fitness professionals

Protect yourself against potential legal action from clients and members.

affordable cover from gallagher, as the broker of choice for hundreds of fitness professionals

In order to work in any Australian fitness facility, you should have public liability and professional indemnity insurance to protect you against potential legal action from clients and members.

In association with Arthur J. Gallagher, and with the security of being underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyds, Network Insurance delivers the cover you need for the activities you perform in your role as a fitness professional. Network Insurance is available only to members of Australian Fitness Network login here – But if you’re not yet a member, you can click here to join).

With cover starting at only $149 per year, and with instant coverage as soon as you finish the online form, Network Insurance provides convenient and affordable peace of mind.

Scroll down this page for more details and to protect yourself now.

Australian Fitness Network is an Authorised Representative of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (Aus) Limited (AJG)

What is Professional Indemnity?

The Professional Indemnity Insurance covers you for claims that arise when a third party, usually a client, alleges that your professional advice, design or service as a fitness instructor or personal trainer was negligent and caused them a loss. The loss could be any or all of the following bodily injury, property damage or financial loss. So the Professional Indemnity covers claims that arise from a breach of the duty that you owe as a professional. The Network Insurance policy covers you for $5,000,000 of Professional Indemnity.

What is Public Liability?

The Public Liability covers a claim against you for bodily injury and property damage to a third party, that arise from the operation of your business as a fitness instructor or personal trainer. Public Liability however does not cover claim resulting from your negligence, it covers the claims that arise from a breach of duty you owe to people in general. The Network Insurance policy covers you for $10,000,000 or $20,000,000 of Public Liability.

What activities am I covered for?

You are covered for the activities which you are qualified to teach. If you are not qualified for the activities which you are teaching. you are not covered. For example, if you are teaching Pilates classes you must have a qualification to do so.

What do I do if I have a claim?

When you receive a letter of demand, you need to send a copy of the letter and all communication to do with the incident including the incident report to as soon as you receive the letter of demand. From there we will deal with the claim, which means you no longer have to.

Can I do Outdoor sessions?

Yes, you can do outdoor sessions provided that you have permission from your local council to be using the outdoor areas. Also, as an outdoor environment cannot be controlled like it can be in a gym, extra care needs to be taken when conducting classes or sessions outside.

What is an adequate ratio of Instructors to Students?

Common sense should prevail and you should limit the class sizes to a level which is reasonably able to be managed in the circumstances. This depends on the venue, the age of participants, the experience of the trainer and the type of exercise being undertaken.
Common management principles suggest that 6 is the optimum number of participants in any one exercise for the best supervision and results to be achieved. Practical issues such as economics arising from the fee collection at any one time is another critical factor, numbers cannot be limited to the degree to make the exercise uneconomic.
The same exercise on an open field however is less able to be adequately managed than in an enclosed area, so fewer numbers is better.

What is an Aggregate Limit - refer Professional Indemnity?

It is the maximum amount the insurer will pay for all claims over the policy period.

What is my Excess?


How can I pay for my insurance?

By credit card facility online.

Will I receive any documentation?

Once you have applied and paid for the policy, you can instantly download a schedule of cover, a certificate of currency, a tax invoice and the policy wording if you would like to. You can then provide this to your employer, without the hassle of having to send in paperwork.

Not yet a Network Member?

Become a Network Member now and you can instantly begin enjoying the benefits of Network membership!

Enquire Today!

Please call us on 1300 493 832 or fill out the enquiry form below and one of our staff will get in touch.

Member Only Content